Josh Cress, MA, LPC, SATP-C, NCC
Licensed Professional Counselor
Josh is a licensed professional counselor in Missouri, a nationally certified counselor and a certified sexual addiction treatment provider. He has a desire to help men struggling with relationship and intimacy issues as well as couples. Having worked as a hospice chaplain and grief counselor for the past seven years Josh has a special interest in grief and continues to partner with One Community Hospice.
Josh works from a psychodynamic perspective with couples, families and individuals along with an attachment perspective. Attachment theory is the science of relationships and it provides insight into how people bond. Because of this he is interested in learning how people have grown into who they are today and how they see themselves and the world around them.
Josh earned a Bachelors of Science in Theology and earned a Master of Arts in Counseling from MidAmerica Nazarene University which is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs and maintains the highest standard of accreditation in the field of professional counseling. He also works as an adjunct professor at at MidAmerica Nazarene University and is a member of the Chi Sigma Iota counselor’s honor society and the Society for Exploration of Psychoanalytic Therapies and Theology.
- Master of Arts in Counseling / MidAmerica Nazarene University / 2014
- Clinical Pastoral Education Unit #1 / Heart of America Center for Clinical Pastoral Education / 2011
- Bachelors of Science in Theology / Baptist Bible College / 1999
- NBCC (National Board for Certified Counselors)
- CSI (Chi Sigma Iota Counseling Honor Society)
- CAPS (Christian Association for Psychological Studies)
- SEPTT (Society for Exploration of Psychoanalytic Therapies and Theology)
- PREPARE/ENRICH (marriage & couples assessment)
- Grief Support Network (Kansas City area Grief Professionals)
- NHPCO (National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization)
- GC Hospice (Bereavement Counselor)