Skype / Phone Counseling Rates:
All E-Counseling sessions must be prepaid. You can call us with your payment information or click on the "Make Payment" button.
Our standard counseling fee is $130.00 per session. This fee is average for our location. We accept insurance payments from many companies. We also offer a fee reduction based on an income sliding scale. To see if you qualify for a fee reduction please call us at 816-373-9240.
Yes, you can find cheaper counseling if finances are an issue. Just keep in mind that counseling is a big part of your life and you want to choose the best therapist you can afford.
What is Skype Video Counseling
Technology has become an essential part of all our lives. It can even be useful in personal growth work. While using the internet as a mode of communication for therapy may seem unconventional, online video conferencing is an effective, confidential and convenient alternative to face-t0-face sessions.
Skype counseling is a great option; whether you live in a remote area, are unable to travel or just feel more comfortable staying in your own space, you can still benefit from a healthy counseling relationship.
Skype is a free software, easy to install and set up, is free of adware / malware / spyware etc, and most importantly, is confidential. Skype makes it possible to place free calls, chats, and video conferences over the internet. You need a high speed internet connection, webcam, microphone, speakers (on or connected to your computer) and a Skype account. To find out more about Skype and to download the free software, visit Skype here.
E-Counseling - Skype / Phone
Skype or Phone counseling may benefit you if:
- You are traveling and want to continue your therapy services while you are out of town
- You work long hours and find it difficult to get to the counselor's office
- You are a couple in a long distance relationship and want to have a therapy session together
- You have limited mobility, do not drive, or do not have transportation
- You suffer from a social phobia
Though Skype or phone counseling has been shown to be effective, face-t0-face counseling is highly recommended. The relationship and trust you develop with your therapist is a crucial component in the healing process. For many people, being physically present with their therapist helps them feel more connected and comfortable expressing their emotions.
Skype and phone counseling is not appropriate for people who are suicidal, self-injuring, homicidal, or who have mental health issues that require more intense care. If you feel suicidal, or think you are going to hurt yourself or someone else, call 911, or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Skype / Phone Session Tips
The following tips may be useful to make your sessions more effective:
- Create a private space free of distractions and other people's presence as best you can during the session.
- You must add Diakonos to your Contact List - Your therapist will give you our username.
- If possible, use a headset with microphone so that you have your hands free.
- Have paper and pencil available
- Turn off or silence all additional phones in the room
- Do not try to multitask while you are working with your therapist
- Your counselor will add you to their contact list and video call you at your appointment time. Note: It is important that you be at your computer on time, as your therapist will call once at the set time and once 10 minutes later. If you miss both calls the session will be considered a no-show and the appropriate fees will apply.
Adrian, Advance, Archie, Aurora, Bates City, Belton, Bethany, Blairstown, Blue Springs, Bolivar, Bosworth, Branson, Braymer, Brookfield, Buckner, Butler, Calhoun, Camden, Cameron, Carrollton, Centerview, Chilhowee, Chilicothe, Cleveland, Clinton, Concordia, Corder, Curryville, De Kalb, Drexel, Emma, Excelsior Springs, Faucett, Ferrelview, Freeman, Gallatin, Garden City, Gladstone, Goddard, Gower, Grain Valley, Grandview, Greenwood, Hale, Hardin, Harrisonville, Higginsville, Holden, Holt, Hughesville, Independence, Ionia, Jefferson City, Kansas City, Kearney, Kingsville, Knob Knoster, Lake Lotawana, Lake Tapawingo, Lake Winnebago, Lamonte, Lathrop, Lawson, Lee’s Summit, Leeton, Lexington, Liberty, Lincoln, Lone Jack, Louisburg, Macon, Marceline, Marshall, Maryville, Mayview, Meadville, Mosby, North Kansas City, Nevada, Norborne, Oak Grove, Odessa, Orrick, Osceola, Parkville, Pattonsburg, Peculiar, Platte City, Plattsburg, Pleasant Hill, Pleasant Valley, Polo, Raymore, Raytown, Rayville, Richmond, Saint Joseph, Savannah, Sedalia, Sibley, Smithton, Smithville, Springfield, St. Joseph, Sugar Creek, Sweet Springs, Trenton, Turney, Warrensburg, Warsaw, Waverly, Wellington, Windsor, Wood Heights, Woolridge
Basehor, Bonner Springs, Derby, Emporia, Fort Leavenworth, Fort Scott, Gardner, Kansas City, Fort Scott, Gardner, Kansas City, Leavenworth, Leawood, Lenexa, Leonardville, Linwood, Manhatten, Meriden, Merriam, Mission, Olathe, Overland Park, Prairie Village, Roeland Park, Shawnee, Spring Hill, Wathena, Wichita
Centerton (AR), Fayetteville (AR), Garfield (AR), Downey (CA) , Riverside (CA), Crestview (FL), Milton (FL), Anna (IL), Moline (IL), Florence (KY), Damariscotta (ME), Fergus Falls (MN), Ewing (NE), Stella (NE), Arlington (TX), Hudson (WI)